DHS SecureFax is an easy-to-use HIPAA compliant electronic faxing solution. Refer to the guide below to learn the basics in using the fax system.
- Log into DHS SecureFax Site: Open internet browser and log into DHS SecureFax website.
Select "Send a Fax" Menu: Select "Faxes" and "Send a Fax" menu.
If you don't yet have a shortcut to your organizations "Fax" folder, please add a Quick Access shortcut to make the folder easily accessible.
- Select Fax Options & Send: Select options below and send fax.
- Type of Fax: Select "Single Fax" to send to one recipient or "Broadcast Fax" to send to multiple recipients.
Enter Fax #: Enter recipient fax number as a 10 or 11 digit phone number (e.g. 415-555-5555) or press address book button to select a saved fax number.Faxes will transmit regardless if "1" is included on front of fax number or not. Faxes can be sent to all 50 USA states plus Canada.
- Save Number to Address Book: Check this box if you would like to save number to your address book.
Send Cover Page: Select this option if a cover page is desired and enter recipient name, organization, subject and any desired comments.
The "Standard" cover page style is recommended as styles are nearly identical. To add a custom disclaimer to the cover page of your organization, select "User Profile" menu and "Cover Pages" option.
Choose File: Click "Choose File" button, browse to file you would like to fax and click "Open" to attach. You can select up to 5 files to fax at a time.
DHS SecureFax supports PDF, Microsoft Word, JPEG and TIFF file formats.
- Schedule: If desired, click "Send Immediately" drop down to send fax at a later time.
- Send Fax: When your fax is ready to send, click "Send Fax" button to queue fax for delivery.
- Click Fax Email Notification Link: When "Fax" email folder indicates a new message, indicating a new fax has arrived, select message and click "Click here to view in portal" link to access fax.
- Log into Portal: Log into DHSFax portal, select "Faxes" menu and "Fax Inbox".
- View Fax: Click the "View Fax" button next to the fax you would like to access.
- Mark Fax as Received: Right click fax notification email flag and select "Mark Complete" so all members know fax has been processed.
To view logs of faxes sent and received, perform the following steps.
- Navigate to "Call Log Report" Module: Select "Faxes" menu and "Call Log Report" to navigate to logs module.
- Select Log Options & Submit: Select the options listed below to run fax log report.
- Select Fax Number to Report on: Leave the default of "All Numbers" or select a specific number representing faxes sent or received in the past to report on.
- Show Call Log Records for: Select an time span option from the drop down box or select a specific date range to report on.
- Select Fax Type: Select "All Faxes" default option or "Sent", "Received" or "Failed" options.
- Fax Number: Enter a specific fax number to report on (optional).
- Click "Submit" button to create report.
This page has no comments.