With DHS SecureShare, you can securely send files larger than 20 megabytes via the internet to any recipient with an email address.
- Browse to Site: Log into file sharing portal by browsing to . .dhsforyou.com
- Enter your Credentials & Log in: Enter your personal office email address and password and click "Log In" button.
- Add Files: Either drag and drop files or folders directly on to web page or click upload button to initiate file or folder upload to site.
- Initiate Sharing: Select the file or folder you would like to share, click share icon and select the "Share link" option to initiate sharing.
- Enter Password: Enter a password (must be at least 8 characters long) to secure file or folder for HIPAA compliance and press "Enter" key.
- Send Files: Either click button to copy "share link" to an email message and send to recipient OR enter and click recipient email address to send share invitation directly to recipient.
- Communicate Share Password: To allow recipient to open the files or folders you send to them, you must communicate the password you selected. To do so securely, send password to recipient using an alternate method such as a phone call or text message. Once the password is communicated, you can optionally use the same password for additional file shares with recipient.
Once files are sent using email message method from SecureFile site, recipient can obtain files and upload files of their own using the following process:
- Click "Open" Button in Share Notification Email: Once share notification email is received, click "Open" button to open file or folder share. Note that name will be replaced with sender's first and last name.
- Enter Password Given to you by Sender & Log In: Enter the password that was communicated to you by message sender and press right arrow icon to log in.
- Download / Upload Files: Click "Download" button to download files to your desktop or "+" button to upload files if sender granted you upload rights to a shared folder. You can also drag and drop to to upload files.
This page has no comments.