DHS SecureMail Email Encryption allows you to securely send patient medical data such as x-ray images or other chart information via email and meet HIPAA requirements for patient privacy. Using email encryption is easy. Refer to the following guide to learn more:
Sending an encrypted email message
- Compose your message using the following steps:
- Enter Email Subject: Enter an appropriate subject into your email message.
- Insert Encrypt Tag: with cursor still on the subject line of your email, press "Alt" + "E" on your keyboard to insert [encrypt] tag.
- Enter Note: Enter a note to the recipient of your message.
- Click "Send" to send message to recipient.
Receiving an encrypted email message
- Message recipient receives an email message indicating they have an encrypted message from you (your name or office name will be shown) waiting to be read. They will then click the email link to browse to the DHS SecureMail website.
- Recipient will be asked to select a password to sign up for secure message service and once entered, they click the "Sign up" button. Once recipient signs up, they will use the same password to access the secure messaging portal when you send an encrypted message again.
- Recipient will then be able to view message as well as download any attachments such as x-ray images. They can also send a secure message back to you if required.
- If there are multiple attachments, recipients have the option on the bottom of the message, to download all messages as a ZIP file.
This page has no comments.