DHS SecureFax is an easy-to-use HIPAA compliant electronic faxing solution. Refer to the guide below to learn the basics in using the fax system.
|Table of Contents|
- Log into DHS SecureFax Site: Open internet browser and log into DHS SecureFax website.
- Select "Send a Fax" Menu: Select "Faxes" and "Send a Fax" menu.
- Select Fax Options & Send: Select options below and send fax.
- Type of Fax: Select "Single Fax" to send to one recipient or "Broadcast Fax" to send to multiple recipients.
Enter Fax #: Enter recipient fax number as a 10 or 11 digit phone number (e.g. 415-555-5555) or press address book button to select a saved fax number.
Info Faxes will transmit regardless if "1" is included on front of fax number or not. Faxes can be sent to all 50 USA states plus Canada.
- Save Number to Address Book: Check this box if you would like to save number to your address book.
Send Cover Page: Select this option if a cover page is desired and enter recipient name, organization, subject and any desired comments.
The "Standard" cover page style is recommended as styles are nearly identical. To add a custom disclaimer to the cover page of your organization, select "User Profile" menu and "Cover Pages" option.
Choose File: Click "Choose File" button, browse to file you would like to fax and click "Open" to attach. You can select up to 5 files to fax at a time.
DHS SecureFax supports PDF, Microsoft Word, JPEG and TIFF file formats.
- Schedule: If desired, click "Send Immediately" drop down to send fax at a later time.
- Send Fax: When your fax is ready to send, click "Send Fax" button to queue fax for delivery.